One of the hardest things about this process is I really don't know how I got here. I can obviously identify some large purchases, but I really don't think I live an extravagant lifestyle. The cost of living around here is fairly low, and I'm certainly not throwing money around.
The things I know I spent a ton of money on are things like
- My first trip back to NYC post-pandemic
- Big trips to Nepal, Dubai, and Egypt
- $10,000 of medical bills for my cat Jonesy
- Lots of other money on other things for my cats
- Weddings
- Presents
- Donations
- Concerts, plays & other experiences
And I feel absolutely fine about all of that.
What concerns me about this is that I really really can't make the same choices this time. I'm glad I'm not beating myself up, but I am worried about forgiving myself too much. I need to figure out the other things. The little things. The "oh I can't find that so I'll just order a new one." The "oh I deserve a little treat" things. Don't tell the Boomers, but I think maybe lattes were at least part of the problem.
Someday, perhaps, I'll have the energy to do that. But for now...
#NoRegrets
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment