Breaking My Own Heart




I sent this text to my sister this week, and I found it quite illuminating. 

It's not even that it's all bad anniversaries. There's just too much emotion this week in general. 

Here is a brief list of extreme emotional swings that have happened in the last two week of February in the past few decades.

2/23
Bankruptcy meeting (2024)

2/24
My first ever romantic breakup (2007)
Big professional breakup (2023)

2/25
Moved to Maryland (2019)

2/26
Adopted Peach (2020) and Jonesy (2022)

2/28 (ish)
Another professional setback (2016)

2/29
Last time I saw my "other mom" (Mom's BFF who died in March 2020)

And none of this takes into account the fact that we're all dealing with memories of the long, slow march to shutdown 4 years ago this week. 

Or the fact that I started one job this week, had my final interview for another one yesterday, and start a third job on Monday. There's a fourth one too, which I'm trying to figure out how to turn down since it's a friend of a friend.

Anyway. I'm going to go on a ghost tour. :) 


Comments